Saturday, April 30, 2011

More Toys!

 My buddy Scott lent me his flash for the weekend.  It's a Sigma EF-610 DG ST.




The head of the flash is adjustable so that you can direct the light towards the ceiling or a wall in order to reflect/diffuse the light.  It makes a world of difference when compared to using the on-board flash.
  
The first shot is with the flash directed straight at the portrait subject.
The second is using no flash, just the light from the window.
 

In this third shot I reflected the flash light off of the ceiling.

The ability to reflect the light off the ceiling is great for evening out the light in the shot.  I think this would come in really handy on an outdoor shoot on a really sunny day.   Thanks to Scott for lending me his toys!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That's pretty cool... and also, if I don't tell Tasha enough, Sammy is to adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks d. About the only way to get her to sit stil for portraits is put on a Dora video. Notice the blank expression on her face and the head tilt in the exact direction of the T.V. in every photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are also white plastic piece that fits over the flash that will defuse the light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a part of the flash itself? I actually ordered one of these flashes and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

    ReplyDelete